Regarding the collection and retention of personal data:
– when filling out the contact form, we only ask for the information we need to be able to answer your question adequately: name, email address and telephone number. If you do not wish to be contacted by telephone, fill in a '0' in the 'telephone number' box. Your email address will not be included in a mailing list, as Sugar And Sweets does not send unnecessary or promotional emails. Your data is also not shared with third parties.
– when placing an order, we only ask for the information we need to handle your order adequately: name, email address, address for invoicing, address for shipping, telephone number. Your IP address is automatically registered for general security purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted by telephone, fill in a '0' in the 'telephone number' box. Your email address will not be included in a mailing list, as Sugar And Sweets does not send unnecessary or promotional emails. Your information will not be shared with third parties for promotional purposes.
* what information is shared with third parties when placing an order?
– shipping: only your name, your email address, and the shipping address are passed on to one of the 2 shipping services we work with: Bpost or DPD. They are of course also bound by the treatment of your data according to the rules of the GPDR.
– Payment: Sugar And Sweets only passes on your name and purchase amount to the payment processors with whom we have an agreement, being: Multisafepay (for VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Ideal and Sofort banking) and Paypal. Your payment information is neither processed nor stored in our own systems; these are processed confidentially by the payment processor of your choice, after which Sugar And Sweets receives only a notification of the then-failure of the payment transaction. The payment processors Multisafepay and Paypal are of course also bound by the handling of your data according to the rules of the GPDR.
– when creating an account. Creating an account is not mandatory when placing an order, and has only the following goals:
* easily monitoring the status of your order
* easy placing of future orders
In each of the above cases, you can have full control over your data: you can easily consult, have your data consulted, modified, or completely removed from our system on simple request (by mail, telephone).
Regarding the technical and organisational measures to protect your data:
– our website uses secure connections (https) and SSL certificates, as required by GPDR legislation to protect the data sent
– our website and all personal data are stored/hosted on a remote server that meets all security standards
– the back office of our website is password-protected
– Responsible for data protection and the supervision of the confidential handling of personal data, the manager, Yannick Keeble
– Sugar And Sweets employees only have access to the customer data they need to answer a question or send an order, and are well informed about the obligation to treat personal data confidentially that they face while performing their duties.
When visiting our website/webshop, Sugar And Sweets places cookies on the visitor's computerr; cookies are particles of information that are placed on your computer's hard drive. The first aim is to facilitate the use of the website (including the fact that certain information, e.g. access control, does not need to be repeated).