Terms of service
1.1 'Sugarandsweets' means in these conditions and elsewhere on the site the sole proprietorship Sugar and sweets, located in Wuustwezel, Belgium. The store is located at the address Zandven 9 , 2990 Wuustwezel, with VAT number BE.
1.2 By placing an order, you indicate that you agree to the delivery and payment conditions.
2.1 Sugar And Sweets will endeavour to deliver the ordered items to the delivery address within seven working days of the order confirmation and the necessary receipt of payment, provided that they are in stock. In order to deliver an order, the buyer may be approached to check the accuracy of the order. This may cause some delay in delivery. If you register, please provide a telephone number on which you can be reached during the day, and any delay will be limited. This can be a phone number of your work or a mobile phone number.
2.2 The above delivery times are an indication and not an absolute term. If the order is not delivered within 30 days, the buyer has the right to cancel the order free of charge.
2.3 Sugar And Sweets is entitled to ship the delivery in portions. The additional costs of the after delivery are borne by Sugar And Sweets.
2.4 All goods are registered/insured, with the buyer signed off for receipt. The proof of receipt from the transport company signed off by the buyer is considered proof of delivery against Sugar And Sweets.
2.5 Goods are only delivered within the European Union.
3.1 All prices on the site are subject to printing and typing errors. No liability is accepted for the consequences of printing and typing errors.
3.2 All prices on the site are in EUROS and including VAT.
3.3 All prices do not include delivery costs, which depend on the nature of the goods and destination, but are clearly stated separately at the check-in of the order.
4. Images and specifications
All images, photos, drawings etc.; data on weights, dimensions, colours, images of labels, etc. on the Sugar And Sweets website are only approximate, indicative and cannot lead to compensation or termination of the contract.
5. Right of withdrawal / Guarantee
5.1 Legally, the buyer is entitled to a 7-day cooling-off period, within which the buyer can inform Sugar And Sweets in writing that he intends to opt out of the purchase. The buyer will bear the transport costs for the return, and the purchase amount will be refunded. In practice, Sugar And Sweets will only be able to apply this scheme to non-food items (21% VAT), because the law says that this scheme does not apply to food, and this from a hygienic point of view. This includes all items offered at 6% VAT (anything that consists of food or contains foods)
5.2 The buyer must check the goods delivered upon receipt. If it is found that the goods are damaged or incomplete, the buyer must immediately report it in writing to Sugar And Sweets, and the goods will be replaced or refunded if the complaint is justified.
5.3 In the case of disputes that are not resolved in the normal way, the consumer can complain to the 'Online Dispute Resolution' or the 'ODR platform' for short. This by filling out the form on the European ODR platform on https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
6.1 Payments will be made through:
- paypal's online payment service (www.paypal.com), and paypal's terms and conditions apply to it
- The multisafepay online payment service (www.multisafepay.nl) for payment with Bancontact, VISA, Mastercard, Maestro&IDeal, the multisafepay terms and conditions apply to this
6.2 Secure processing of payment data:
- the payment details are encrypted by Paypal, and we at Sugar And Sweets will not see the details of your credit card at any time.
- the payment details are encrypted by Multisafepay, and we at Sugar And Sweets will not see the details of your bank or credit card at any time.
7. Applicable law
All legal relations between Sugar And Sweets and the buyer are governed by Belgian law regardless of the country from which the order is placed.
Regarding the collection and retention of personal data:
– when filling out the contact form, we only ask for the information we need to be able to answer your question adequately: name, email address and telephone number. If you do not wish to be contacted by telephone, fill in a '0' in the 'telephone number' box. Your email address will not be included in a mailing list, as Sugar And Sweets does not send unnecessary or promotional emails. Your data is also not shared with third parties.
– when placing an order, we only ask for the information we need to handle your order adequately: name, email address, address for invoicing, address for shipping, telephone number. Your IP address is automatically registered for general security purposes. If you do not wish to be contacted by telephone, fill in a '0' in the 'telephone number' box. Your email address will not be included in a mailing list, as Sugar And Sweets does not send unnecessary or promotional emails. Your information will not be shared with third parties for promotional purposes.
* what information is shared with third parties when placing an order?
– shipping: only your name, your email address, and the shipping address are passed on to one of the 2 shipping services we work with: Bpost or DPD. They are of course also bound by the treatment of your data according to the rules of the GPDR.
– Payment: Sugar And Sweets only passes on your name and purchase amount to the payment processors with whom we have an agreement, being: Multisafepay (for VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, Ideal and Sofort banking) and Paypal. Your payment information is neither processed nor stored in our own systems; these are processed confidentially by the payment processor of your choice, after which Sugar And Sweets receives only a notification of the then-failure of the payment transaction. The payment processors Multisafepay and Paypal are of course also bound by the handling of your data according to the rules of the GPDR.
– when creating an account. Creating an account is not mandatory when placing an order, and has only the following goals:
* easily monitoring the status of your order
* easy placing of future orders
In each of the above cases, you have full control over your data: you can simply request (by mail, by telephone) consult, have your data adjusted, or have it completely removed from our system.
Regarding the technical and organisational measures to protect your data:
– our website uses secure connections (https) and SSL certificates, as required by GPDR legislation to protect the data sent
– our website and all personal data are stored/hosted on a remote server that meets all security standards
– the back office of our website is password-protected
– Responsible for data protection and the supervision of the confidential handling of personal data, the manager, Yannick Keeble
– Sugar And Sweets employees only have access to the customer data they need to answer a question or send an order, and are well informed about the obligation to treat personal data confidentially that they face while performing their duties.
When visiting our website/webshop, Sugar And Sweets places cookies on the visitor's computer; cookies are particles of information that are placed on your computer's hard drive. The first aim is to facilitate the use of the website (including the fact that certain information, e.g. access control, does not need to be repeated).